Maggie is a beagle mix who has a very short tail, but a beagle body with brown and white markings, a chocolate nose, and golden eyes. She is named after my great great grandmother, also German, Magdelena.
I am a serious, or maybe a silly, dog lover. This blog will be about me, my family, and my dogs.... and what I do: my paintings.
This summer has been a pretty good one in at least one sense: I have lost 25 pounds. Been wanting to do it for a very long time. After trying with South Beach and working out, and being totally unsuccessful, I did it with a commercial program, Medifast. It has been everything they promised. Now I have to keep the weight off. I can continue to go weekly for advice and support as long as I need to. To keep the weight off, I have begun taking yoga and pilates 3 to 5 times a week. I am also trying to build up to regular weight training to tone my abs and arms.
Having gotten this far, I have to remain committed to being disciplined about the eating and exercise. So far, the rush from being a size 2 and seeing my profile in the mirror are motivating. But now I have to figure out how to move on with my life and continue to make the commitment of effort on a long term basis, while doing other things I have been neglecting a bit, such as, oh, cooking, cleaning, taking care of my family, and my painting. Ummm. Chicken is defrosted. Back later.
No comments:
Post a Comment